I have to profess, I know little (nothing) of Jesse Norman other than what I have read this morning. One things for sure, I hope he is good at priortising multiple, pressing, high profile projects.
So where does he start with some of these?
- Instilling confidence back into foreign investment in UK commercial projects post Brexit
- Major skills shortage. Attracting graduate intake, bolstering apprenticeship schemes in a wary market
- Hinkley Powerplant. Commentary not required after this weekend!
- Infrastructure investment. Again little needs adding. Very interesting to see how he drives the HS2 / 3 projects along with the various proposed road project investments.
- Creating a more meaningful plan for introducing offsite construction into major projects.
- Managing the necessity for contractors / building product manufacturers to use BIM 2.
- Ongoing pressure from regions for devolution to occur (oh, and ramping up the Northern Powerhouse)
- Controlling the weather allowing projects to be completed on time to budget (I jest of course!)
Jesse Norman MP has been given government responsibility for construction and infrastructure. Mr Norman was one of several MPs brought into the new Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, led by business secretary Greg Clark. Mr Norman was elected as the MP for Hereford and South Herefordshire in May 2010. His role will also include ministerial responsibility for rail supply chains, technology, and assisting the energy minister Baroness Neville-Rolfe with nuclear policy.